Friday, July 6, 2012

TGIFF

I've been struggling with writing for a few reasons. Been really busy with transitioning to my new job and new life. Been in and out on the weekends for the most part. Also, nobody really reads this (I cover a very narrow demographic I guess, thanks Emily!). When I write it tends to pour out, so here goes!

I had to go back to my last post to figure out what to write about haha!

Let's see, I went to the NHL Draft in Pittsburgh a few weeks ago! I'm a gigantic hockey fan/nerd, and moving closer to a "real" hockey town is exciting (Columbus doesn't count lol). I'm actually a good bit closer to Pittsburgh's arena compared to Columbus' now, which is really exciting. Being closer to friends in Pittsburgh is also sweet!



Woohoo, getting a tour of Pittsburgh with Maria

We managed to get into the arena the night of the first round!

View of the draft



Here's the Mario Lemieux statue (video of the play)



More Pittsburgh Pictures:


I also went back to Pittsburgh for the 4th of July. Another fun (but too short!) trip! Partying in the 'burgh, $5 Pirates game shennanigans, watching speedboat races, hiding in random peoples' tent because of the rain, and awesome fireworks! Woohoo!

I don't even care about the Pirates, but for $5 you can't beat having fun with friends!

Speedboat racing yeah!

Heinz Field, unpainted. Home of the Steelers woo!






Now for the technology-nerd side of me, I finally received my Raspberry Pi! It's an awesome little computer. Don't quite know what I'm going to use it for, maybe thinking of using it to run my arcade machine. I swear I'll finish that thing this summer!

My little Pi


Work is work. Boring, not very stressful yet. I do junk like this all day:

Fire alarms/telecom


About life? I'm existing. Learning to take things how they come. Trying not to force stuff to happen. I think it's working so far. We'll see.

Have fun! 


No comments:

Post a Comment