Friday, February 24, 2012

TGIFF

TGIFF!

I went into Monday with the feeling that it was going to be a good week, and I was right!

Tuesday I got my first callback for an interview at Diebold in North Canton for their Electronics Engineer position. Super pumped, mainly because I've been worried that with my lack of experience and GPA getting to the interview stage would be problematic. I feel really confident in interviews, though - they're my chance to show what I've got, and that I'm better than a number on a piece of paper! Interview is next Tuesday - I tried to ask for one during spring break, but they wanted to get me in earlier than that. They told me that they know students are going to career fairs and interviewing around, and that they wanted to get my in ASAP to show me what they had there, so I think that's a good sign!

Thursday was my 23rd birthday! Nothing like having two labs on your birthday, but I'm not complaining - my birthday would always be during finals on quarters, but now that we're on semesters, I'm in the clear! Family came up to take me out to dinner, which was really nice of them, especially considering that it was a 3 hour round trip for them. The restaurant we were planning on going to was closed, though, so we went to Lima for Olive Garden instead.

Awesome best friend sneaking a ton of cupcakes into my room while I was in class made my day! <3 Emily
Birthday wishes all around and a nice day :)



Officially started my lenten resolution of working out. First time going during lent was rough, it was a 8-5:00 day without breaks in between classes/work shifts, plus Ash Wednesday mass sandwiched by senior design, workout, and more senior design. The only time I was in my room that day other than waking up and going to sleep was when I went back to change for the mass! I may be of average height and slim, but I am in no way in shape, and I want to change that. I have been pretty sore since then due to this and this, but working out and continuing some of the physical therapy stuff I've had is going to help. I've been so busy with school lately, which has resulted in a lot of sitting in front of computers all day, so I've resolved to become more active (especially because it's still cold and wet and not rollerblading weather).

Next week is spring breaaaaaaaaak! (Well, there's a lot of homework and exams between now and then...)

TGIFF!


No comments:

Post a Comment