Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Win Wednesday!

I'm a very positive person on the outside, but if you read everything I write, you'd probably think I'm a very negative person on the outside. In reality, I just never like to show it, so I whine about it when I write. Because of this, I try to find something happy and exciting on Wednesdays now!



So, something I've been wanting to do for awhile is to make my own arcade machine. Got some old arcade machines in an auction, and they're at home waiting for me! More pics from home here:




They look like they made the trip from Indianapolis to Columbus just fine. I'll be taking tons of pictures when I'm working on them, so there'll be plenty to follow!

What I plan on doing:

  • Sanding down one of these cabinets to repaint it (don't know what color yet)
  • Getting the old screen to work, or replacing it with an old TV screen
  • Adding new lights/general fixing up stuff to be more exciting
  • Replacing the old joysticks (and maybe buttons) with new ones
  • Wiring this all up together
  • Dropping an old computer of mine in to run MAME
I get to tinker around with this over Easter break, which I'm pretty excited about, but it definitely will be a summer project.

No comments:

Post a Comment